top of page
Apply for UK Child Student visa




We provide immigration advice and guidance to help your student visa application get the best chance of success

This is your one-stop shop for all UK visa related queries.

From requirements to the confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), we have all the answers you need to apply for your visa.

Who needs to apply for Child Student visa

The Child Student Visa route is a point-based system (PBS) visa for children aged between 4 and 17 who wish to study at an independent school (also known as private or fee-paying schools) in the UK. This visa category replaced Tier 4 (Child) visa. 

If you are aged 18 or over and wish to study a further or higher education course in the UK then you should apply for a Student Visa instead.  

If you a parent who wants to come to or stay in the UK to look after their child aged between 4 and 11, where the child is in the UK on a Child Student visa and is attending an independent (private) day school, you should apply for a Parent of Child Student visa.

If you are a parent who wants to accompany your child during their English language course for less than 6 months, you and your child should apply for a Standard visitor visa.

Not sure what visa to apply? 

Don't worry. Ask our expert lawyers or book a free consultation

What are Child Student visa requirements

  • you are aged between 4 and 17

  • you have been offered an an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school

  • you are able to demontrate that you have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course

  • you have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK

  • you need to be awarded 70 points in total to make a successful application 

When to apply for Child Student visa

Apply from outside the UK:

You can apply as soon as you recive your unconditional offer and CAS number from your university or other course provider, but not earlier than 6 months before your course starts.

It will take up to 3 weeks to receive the decision on your Student visa application

Apply from inside the UK (switch or extend)

If you are already in the UK on a different type of visa, you can submit your visa application as early as 3 months before your course starts

It will take up to 8 weeks to receive the decision on your Child Student visa application

Points requirement for Student visa

  • 50 ponts: (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), Course requirement, Study at an independent school, Aged between 4 and 17 when applying, Parental consent)

  • 20 points: Financial requirement

To discuss your UK Child Student Visa application please contact our expert immigration lawyers on

+44 7513621625 or schedule consultation below.

Anchor 1

Need an expert education advice?

Premium Educational Mentors (PEM) provide a wide range of advice and support for overseas pupils and their families who would like to get education at the UK's leading schools, colleges and universities.

Our educational consultants are here to help you. Simply send us an enquiry or our visit Education page 

Book consultation
bottom of page