top of page
permitted paid engagement visa




We provide immigration advice and guidance to help your Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit Visa application get the best chance of success

The UK has long been known as an international hub for business and education. With this in mind, it is no surprise that experts in various fields are increasingly being invited to the country for paid engagements activities.


Whether it is an academic giving a lecture at a prestigious university or a qualified lawyer providing legal advice to their clients, these professionals can now benefit from the opportunity of visiting the UK on a permitted paid engagement

Who needs to apply Permitted Paid Engagement visit

If you are a professional or expert looking to visit the UK for a paid engagement, then the Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit Visa is the answer. This visa allows you to stay in the UK for up to 1 month and unlock opportunities related to your expertise and occupation:

  • Professional artists, entertainers or musicians

  • Professional sportspersons

  • Qualified lawyers invited to represent a client

  • Lecturers invited to give a lecture or series of lectures

  • Academic invited to be a student examiner or assessor

  • Air pilot examiner

If you are a talented and highly quilified professional who have been invited as an expert in your profession by a UK-based organisation or client to participate in permitted paid engagement activities relating to their expertise and occupation, than you can visit the UK for up to 1 month. You cannot extend your stay in the UK

What are Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit Visa requirements

  • You are a visa national 

  • You are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes;

  • You satisfy the additional eligibility requirements applicable for visitors coming to the UK to study for up to 6 months;

  • You will not undertake any prohibited activities;

  • You have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit (including travel, maintenance and accommodation costs) without working or accessing public funds;

  • You will leave the UK at the end of your visit;

  • You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;

When to apply for Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit Visa

Apply from outside the UK:

You need to be outside thte UK to apply for this visa. 

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel to the UK.

It will take up to 3 weeks to receive the decision on your Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit visa application. 

You may be able to receive the decision faster. This depends on what country you’re in.


Fast tracked processing times for a premium fee are:

  • you can get the decision within 5 working days (‘priority service’); or

  • by the end of the next working day (‘super priority service’)

To discuss your UK Standard Visitor Visa application please contact our expert immigration advisors on +44 7513621625 or schedule consultation below.

Anchor 1



Premium Visa Solutions is the leading provider of STUDENT, GRADUATE and  SHORT-TERM (ENGLISH LANGUAGE) visas for international students coming to study in the UK.

We're here to help you with your visa application, offer expert advice, and have a wealth of resources at your fingertips


We offer immigration law services in the UK, with a focus on immigration applications to study, work or do business.


Our immigration advisers take time to understand your personal situation and provide you with advice on the best route for you. You can choose from a wide range of services from:
- Student visa advice - Child Student visa advice - Parent of a Child visa advice - Graduate visa advice - Skilled Worker visa advice - Start-Up and Innovator visa help - And much more...

bottom of page